Wednesday 10 December 2014

Results Of My Magazine Questionnaire

Most of the results are from my questionnaire regarding my magazine confirmed what I had found from close textual analysis of existing mainstream magazine front covers. As expected, the majority of people felt that the most appropriate place for the masthead would be the top of the magazine front cover as when displayed on the shelves in a shop it would be able to be seen. 

They also said that they would expect to see a mainstream Hollywood actor on the cover, as that is a way of associating the cover with the film. However, some did say that as the director of my film is fairly well known that he could also have been on the cover. I on the other hand felt that this was more appropriate for an indie magazine following the style of Sight and Sound, and so I think I will use one or both of my central protagonists. 

Many said that they thought the cover lines should reference big budget films and well known actors to emphasise what kind of magazine it is. In addition, some also said that the directors name may feature as well in regards to one of the well known films. Lastly, a lot of people said that the font on my magazine should be quite square and bold, again showing that it is a mainstream magazine that talks about big budget films and well regarded actors. 


I will consider all the feedback I was given from my audience when creating my magazine front cover, but I will also use the information I found when looking into real media texts.

No comments:

Post a Comment