Thursday 11 December 2014

Results Of My Teaser Trailer Questionnaire

When asking the audience the question regarding what type of music they expected to hear on a romantic comedy teaser trailer, almost everyone said they thought upbeat and happy music would be most appropriate. This would highlight the light heartedness of the genre. This was in agreement with what I found when looking at real media texts in regards to music.

In regards to my second question, the audience felt that the two central protagonists should be distant in the beginning of the trailer and become more and more close throughout. This would be to show that there was an obstacle initially keeping them apart (like in most romantic comedy films) and then how they slowly overcome it. However, a small portion of the audience said they would have expected the characters to be close throughout the whole trailer.

They thought that I should have the same font in my trailer as on my poster to make it clear that they are representing the same film. The majority also said yes to the questions 'would you expect to see the names of the actors in my teaser trailer' and 'would you expect to see a tagline in the teaser trailer'.

I will again take this feedback into consideration when making my teaser trailer, as well as what I found when looking at existing teaser trailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment