Thursday 30 April 2015

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?- Poster


The second task I had to complete was my poster. To begin the research for my poster I looked at a variety of existing posters from different genres to get a sense of the conventions.


From this I found, like I suspected that all posters share the same conventions regardless of the genre. For example they may have a tagline, billing, a dominant central image, certificate and so on. Once I had decided to focus on a romantic comedy, I decided to look into the genre conventions so that I knew what to include on my poster. I looked at them in terms of font, colour layout and more. 


From this I decided that background colour of my poster should be white and plain like the majority of romantic comedy posters I looked at. I wanted the colour of the font to either be a red to represent love, or a pastel colour to convey the light heartedness of the genre. From my research I knew that the two central protagonists should be on the poster, but that there should also be something in between them representing the obstacle keeping them apart in the film. 

Once I had made my billing, decided the name of my film, and the release date I started playing around with colours and layout with the influence of the other posters that looked at in the same genre. I realised that the colours may need to change once I add the images of the central protagonists according to the colour of what they are wearing. 


I also experimented with a different kind of layout which I decided did not work well. 


My poster contains the film's two central protagonists, as was common in the genre posters I had analysed, whilst also making reference to other films from the genre. I also made reference to love in the tagline and incorporated a pastel pink colour into some of the text.






No comments:

Post a Comment