Thursday 30 April 2015

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?- Teaser Trailer



For the main part of my coursework, I needed to make a teaser trailer to advertise my film. Before I was able to plan, film and edit my teaser trailer, I needed to research into the conventions.

I started by looking at the similarities and differences between theatrical and teaser trailers as I thought it would be me know what to put in a teaser and trailer and what to leave out. I looked at two films that had both a teaser and theatrical trailer.


From this I learnt that teasers trailers are shorter than theatrical trailers and that I cannot reveal too much information in it because the whole point is that it is supposed to "tease" the audience and make them want to see the film. I then wanted to focus on teaser trailers and look into their conventions so that I know what I need to include in mine to make it look authentic. I analysed 5 different teaser trailers advertising films from different genres. 


As I expected, I found that all teaser trailers have the same conventions regardless of their genre. Some of the conventions include images from the film, tagline, music, a variety of shots and camera angles, sound effects and so on. Below is a full list of the conventions that I found:












Once I decided the genre of my film, I wanted to focus more closely on romantic comedies and so I analysed more teaser trailers, but this time only from that genre to find out the conventions of the genre, again so I knew what to include in my trailer. 


Here are the conventions I found from this task, which I used to make my trailer authentic:

No comments:

Post a Comment