Thursday 16 April 2015

What have you learned from your audience feedback?

Throughout the whole research and planning process I constantly consulted my target audience through questionnaires and focus groups, and making changes to my decisions based on their feedback. I did this so that what I did was appropriate for my target audience.




I also conducted post production questionnaires for my teaser trailer, magazine front cover and poster to see if they thought they looked like authentic pieces of media that appropriately represented the genre.

Magazine post production questionnaire:

1) Can you tell that this is a cover for a mainstream film magazine? How?
2) Compared to existing film magazine front covers does it look authentic? Why?
3) Do you think this magazine would stand out on the shelf? Why?
4) Would you buy this film magazine? Why?
5) Do you think this magazine front cover works in conjunction with the trailer and poster? Why?


My audience feedback was that they felt the colour scheme I used was eye catching, but also in keeping with a mainstream magazine. They felt the big chunky font used for the masthead and cover lines were very appropriate for a mainstream cover, and that the cover lines themselves featuring big Hollywood films and actors again conveyed the kind of magazine it is. The majority of the audience did think my magazine cover looked authentic, however some said they would have liked to see some other images on the cover, to go alongside some of the cover lines. 


Poster post production questionnaire:

1) Can you tell what genre the film belongs to? How?
2) Does the poster look authentic? Why?
3) Would this poster encourage you to see the film? Why?
4) Does the poster work effectively with the other media products I have created?


The first thing that the audience picked up on was the font and its colour- they felt that it was an indication of the genre, and that from the deep pink they could immediately tell that the poster was for a romantic comedy film. In addition, they felt the plain white background and the black pillar separating the central protagonists also made the genre of the poster more obvious, as they said they had seen this kind of style with many other romantic comedy posters. Therefore, the majority did say they felt my poster looked authentic. However, some felt as the font is not really unique such as the kind of font that would be used on a horror poster, they were unable to notice that it was the same font used in my teaser trailer too. 


Teaser trailer post production questionnaire:

1) Can you tell what genre the film belongs to? How?
2) Do the sound and images work effectively together?
3) Do you feel that the teaser trailer contains appropriate conventions? How?
4) Would the teaser encourage you to see the film? Why?



The feedback I got from this was that the trailer gave a bit of the narrative away but withheld a lot of information as teaser trailers do. The opinion on the music was that it effectively displayed the genre and pink used on certain words of the writing was effective. They said that the images and sound flowed well, keeping an uptempo pace like they would expect. 

Finally with all elements of my marketing campaign I asked my audience if they all worked well together. They said that it was easy to see that all pieces were promoting the same film. The small consistencies like the font helped to tie them all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment